Endometrial polyp

  • Endometrial polyps are common benign tumours of the endometrial cavity.
  • They are most common after the age of 40 years and are rare before menarche.
  • Typical ultrasound appearance is of a hyperechoic endometrial mass which may or may not contain cystic spaces. A feeding vessel is often demonstrated from its base on power Doppler.
  • NB: Submucosal fibroids are generally of reduced echogenicity (hypoechoic).
  • On MRI, a mass which contains a central fibrous core that enhances post-contrast and also contains well-demarcated T2-hyperintense cysts suggests endometrial polyp.
  • An intact junctional zone and smooth tumour-myometrial interface also favour a polyp.

2 comments:

FertilityJourney said...

Hello, I Loved your content on Uterine Polyps, please keep sharing with us.

Unknown said...

Website: (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/  I was born and raised in a small town on Long Island in New York. I live there today with my wife and three wonderful children. I want to testify of how I was cured from prostate cancer by Dr Emu. I was on hormone therapy for advanced prostate cancer. At first I was having lots of signs and symptoms like excessive urine at midnight and also I was experiencing dribbling of urine all the time I was going through hell I search for a cure☑ on the internet I came to know about Dr Emu I saw lots of testimonies of how he cures diseases like *Prostate Cancer *Herpes  Virus *Genital herpes *Hiv/Aids*Breast Cancer and more am happy am cured thanks to Dr Emu I recommend Dr Emu roots and herbs as best natural herbal medicine with no side effects. For consultation and more contact him via Email: (emutemple@gmail.com) (emutemple@yahoo.com) WhatsApp or call +2347012841542