MRI findings of tuberculosis of the hip joint

1. The infection may originate in the synovium, the proximal femur (epiphysis, metaphysis, femoral neck, or trochanteric apophysis), the acetabulum, or the gluteal/ iliopsoas bursae.
2. Cold abscesses may be palpable in the femoral triangle, the ischiorectal fossa, or the thigh. Sinuses may occur in any of these locations.
3. The radiographic findings vary considerably depending on the primary location and degree of involvement.
4. A lesion in the acetabular roof (“wandering acetabulum”) may result in subluxation, and clinically there will be limb shortening without positioning. True pathologic dislocation may occur as well, which will be associated with both limb shortening and positioning.
5. Protrusio may be associated with lesions in the acetabular floor.
6. Coxa magna may be confused with Perthes' disease in pediatric patients.
7. Significant joint space narrowing without an osseous focus (“atrophic”) may be difficult to differentiate from rheumatoid arthritis.
8. Destruction on both sides of the joint may result in irregularity of the femoral head and incongruity (“mortar and pestle”).
9. Disease passes into 4 stages:
(A) Stage of synovitis:
- X-RAY – soft tissue swelling , haziness of articular margins & rarefaction
- USG – soft tissue swelling
- MRI – synovial effusion
(B) Stage of early arthritis:
- X-RAY – osteopenia , erosion of articular margins , ↓ joint space.
- MRI  synovial effusion , edema , minimal bone destruction
(C) Stage of advanced arthritis:
- X-RAY  further decrease in joint space.
(D) Advanced arthritis with subluxation / dislocation :
- X-RAY Furhter destruction of acetabulum , head , capsule and ligaments. Head – upwards and posteriorly. Wandering / migrating acetabulum. Mortle & pestle appearance. Reduced joint space.

3 comments:

Sarah Morgan said...

I want every herpes patient to please read my testimony, my name is SARAH MORGAN am from California in USA, I contacted genital herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms. I have had it for 4 months now., and it has affected my life. I have told my boyfriends who I trusted about it and I have never had a bad reaction, it has affected my new relationships with Smith and people think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another. I would like to advise people on how I get rid of my herpes and I was reading a comment on the internet,and I saw a testimony posted by a woman from Germany that she get rid of her herpes with the help of DR AHKIGBE and so I was so happy when I saw that post, that his herbal medication is free and I quickly collected the herbal doctor email and I email him within 3 hr he respond to my email and I explain things to him he told me not to worry that he is going to cure me totally with his herbal medicine he only request for little money that he will use to buy the items for the preparation of the herbal medicine, wish I send to him because the pain was too much for me to bear and after some days he told me that he has prepare the herbal medicine, that I should send him my address that he want to sent it to me via DHL or FED-EX that was how I got the herbal medication and I use it as I was told and after few days I found out that my herpes was no more, i went to hospital for confirmation and it was true really that was how i got my cured. DR AKHIGBE also cure other deadly diseases like,  HIV/AIDS, HERPES, DIABETES,CANCER, ALS, ASTHMA, LUPUS, EPILEPSY, CHRONIC DISEASE HEART DISEASE., JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, SCHIZOPHRENIA, POLIO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, ALZHEIMER ,PARKINSON'S, to get your rid kindly via his email:   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    contact his number:  +2348142454860           website:  https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com       you can still write me on Instagram to get more information.

Unknown said...

Website: (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/  I was born and raised in a small town on Long Island in New York. I live there today with my wife and three wonderful children. I want to testify of how I was cured from prostate cancer by Dr Emu. I was on hormone therapy for advanced prostate cancer. At first I was having lots of signs and symptoms like excessive urine at midnight and also I was experiencing dribbling of urine all the time I was going through hell I search for a cure☑ on the internet I came to know about Dr Emu I saw lots of testimonies of how he cures diseases like *Prostate Cancer *Herpes  Virus *Genital herpes *Hiv/Aids*Breast Cancer and more am happy am cured thanks to Dr Emu I recommend Dr Emu roots and herbs as best natural herbal medicine with no side effects. For consultation and more contact him via Email: (emutemple@gmail.com) (emutemple@yahoo.com) WhatsApp or call +2347012841542 

Brittany Seiber said...

To know more about Chief Dr Lucky you can visit his website (https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/)

A friend that suffered from Herpes and was cure with the help of this great herbal doctor (Chief Lucky) so i decided to contact him for help in getting rid of my families genital herpes virus 1/2 which i did and all i was told to provide was just some useful information and some materials used in preparation of the natural cure and that i did and now i am the happiest person on earth because i am writing this testimony of mine with joy and happiness in my heart to the whole world to know that natural remedy is real because i am a living testimony of Chief Lucky traditional herbal cure and i want you all to contact Chief Lucky via his email: chiefdrlucky@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2348132777335 am sure he will help you too.