Osteoporosis and osteomalacia by radiographic imaging

Osteoporosis radiographic manifestations:

1. The vertebral bodies may develop a biconcave shape or compression fractures.
2. In tubular bones the trabecular bone loss may cause the metaphyses to appear radiolucent.
3. Pathological fractures may occur at multiple sites.
4. Schmorls nodes.
5. Acute and insufficiency fractures.
6. MR imaging:
(A) In transient osteoporosis of the hip manifested as decreased signal intensity on T1-weighted sequences and increased signal intensity on T2-weighted sequences.
(B) The patient commonly has associated joint effusions in the affected hip.
(C) Chemical shift fat suppression and STIR imaging techniques can be effective in the detection of transient bone marrow oedema.

Osteomalacia radiographic manifestations:

1. Loosers zones (cortical fractures on the compression side of the bone) or Milkmans pseudofractures are strongly suggestive but not diagnostic of osteomalacia. i.e. linear lucencies oriented perpendicular to the cortical margin.
2. Decreased bone density (Osteopenia).
3. Coarsening of the trabecular pattern and cortical striations.
4. Cortical thinning.
5. MRI : insufficiency fractures seen as a hypointense lines or fissures on T1- and T2-weighted and STIR MR images.

3 comments:

Tina Philipa said...

I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email;  drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or     Whatsapp     +2349010754824    website. hpps:drrealakhigbe.weebly.comDr  Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
HIV,  Herpes , Cancer,  Chronic Disease,  Asthma ,  Parkinson's disease,  External infection,  Als, progeria, common cold,  multiple sclerosis disease,   Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea, Heart Disease, meningitis, Diabetes,  Kidney Disease,  Lupus,  Epilepsy,   Stroke,Eczema, Erysipelas Eating Disorder,  Back Pain. Osteoporosis etccontact him for your solution.

Unknown said...

Website: (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/  I was born and raised in a small town on Long Island in New York. I live there today with my wife and three wonderful children. I want to testify of how I was cured from prostate cancer by Dr Emu. I was on hormone therapy for advanced prostate cancer. At first I was having lots of signs and symptoms like excessive urine at midnight and also I was experiencing dribbling of urine all the time I was going through hell I search for a cure☑ on the internet I came to know about Dr Emu I saw lots of testimonies of how he cures diseases like *Prostate Cancer *Herpes  Virus *Genital herpes *Hiv/Aids*Breast Cancer and more am happy am cured thanks to Dr Emu I recommend Dr Emu roots and herbs as best natural herbal medicine with no side effects. For consultation and more contact him via Email: (emutemple@gmail.com) (emutemple@yahoo.com) WhatsApp or call +2347012841542 

Brittany Seiber said...

To know more about Chief Dr Lucky you can visit his website (https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/)

A friend that suffered from Herpes and was cure with the help of this great herbal doctor (Chief Lucky) so i decided to contact him for help in getting rid of my families genital herpes virus 1/2 which i did and all i was told to provide was just some useful information and some materials used in preparation of the natural cure and that i did and now i am the happiest person on earth because i am writing this testimony of mine with joy and happiness in my heart to the whole world to know that natural remedy is real because i am a living testimony of Chief Lucky traditional herbal cure and i want you all to contact Chief Lucky via his email: chiefdrlucky@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2348132777335 am sure he will help you too.